Kaley Cuoco from The Big Bang Theory just announced that her five-month engagement to her fiancé, Josh Resnik, was called off. She never said why, but it made Kyle and I think about seriousness in relationships.
You can read He's Just Not That Into You, The Rules and Why Men Love Bitches as many times as you want, but women still have a hard time figuring out whether or not a guy is into them seriously. Luckily, Kyle and I are here to help. Without the gimmicky titles and fluff, we bring you...
Nine Signs a Guy Doesn't Want a Serious Relationship With You.
1. He's dating other people, or he's married. If he tells you he wants a casual thing because he's seeing other people... please, please please take him at his word. I promise you he will NOT change his mind. And if you're dating a guy who's married... forget about it. Married men never leave their wives. Even if they did, would you really want to be Angelina Jolie?
2. He tells you he doesn't want a serious relationship. Women only hear what they want to hear, and they try to carefully dissect everything men say. Men, on the other hand, are brutally honest. If he says he doesn't want a relationship, guess what, he doesn't want a relationship. And to go a little deeper... it usually means he just doesn't want a relationship with YOU.
3. He's in his 30's and he doesn't have a steady job. When guys are in their 20's and they're still making their way in the world, they tend to be a little more lenient about dating. But once they hit 30, and particularly their mid-30's, they start to reevaluate where they are in their lives. At this point they're looking for someone to settle down with for good. And if they don't have the cash flow to make this happen, they don't want to go for serious relationships.
4. He never takes you out, and all you do is hook up. There are so many women out there who think, 'Even if we're just hooking up, I know he'll start to have serious feelings for me, and we'll lock it down.' Sorry. It just doesn't happen. I'm not even going to mention any sort of 'exception to the rule.' If a guy only wants to hook up with you, and you never go out with him anywhere, he's not a good guy, and he's definitely not worth your time.
5. He's never introduced you to his friends or family. A guy who wants something serious will always, without fail, want to show you off to the world. They'll want to shout from the rooftops, "Oh my god, I'm with (enter your name here)!" They will not hide you from their family and friends, which almost always happens when you're in the 'casual, convenient' category.
6. He doesn't want to be with you, but he doesn't want you to be with anyone else. This is a classic dick move. I've known girls who have been strung along by guys for years, and the guys act all upset when the girl starts dating someone else. But once he has the girl again, he doesn't want her. It's a classic move. If this happens to you, don't be fooled. The guy doesn't want to be with you, he just wants what he can't have. Once he has it, he'll go back to being an aloof a-hole.
7. He never makes plans in advance. If he only calls you sporadically, or texts you an hour before he wants to hang out, you're just a convenience to him. And he probably does it so much because you say 'yes' every time. Guys who are serious about you always make plans ahead of time, because they like knowing when they'll see you again.
8. He only calls or texts you to hook up. This one is pretty obvious, but some women still don't get it. Guys can hook up without emotions. Women can't. When they call you to hook up, that's all they want... hooking up. And nothing will change their minds.
9. He calls you his "friend." Ouch. That's rough. Cut him loose and save yourself the trouble.
We here at What Would Jessie Do rely on readers like you for questions about dating and relationships. So fill out this form and send one to us! You can also share this post using one of the social media boxes below, and don't forget to check out our pages on Twitter and Facebook, too.